Believe it or not, it’s that time of year again when you need to start thinking about filing your taxes. Time really flies, doesn’t it? Once again you’ll need to figure out how you’re going to go about filing. You could take the DIY approach and buy a computer program that’s supposed to make the process easy to do alone. A better approach, however, is to bring all of your papers to a CPA in Sacramento, CA and let the pros handle your taxes. Here are a couple of reasons to do this:
- CPAs know all the tax laws: Tax laws change all of the time. Chances are, you aren’t well versed on the new rules and regulations for this filing year. Luckily for you, a CPA in Sacramento, CA is an expert on all of the tax laws, and can help you avoid penalties and maybe even help you get more money back on your return.
- CPAs can find more deductions: There are tons of tiny ways to get more money back on your return. A computer program might be able to find some of them, but only a CPA will be able to find all of them, which will help to maximize your 2017 return.
- If you’re self-employed: Being your own boss can be pretty awesome—until it’s time to file your taxes. Calculating taxes as a business owner is far more complicated than for a person employed by a company. A CPA can find deductions that business owners often miss.
- If you’ve had a major life change: A lot can happen in a year. Marriage, divorce, retirement, career changes and having children are all major life changes that can have a big effect on your taxes. A CPA will be able to help you figure out all of the new deductions you can claim.
- If you inherited money or assets: Congratulations on inheriting money, property or other assets in 2016. The bright side is that you’ve just become a bit wealthier; the downside is that inheritance can actually be quite expensive. A CPA in Sacramento, CA can help you through the process and lessen the burden on your shoulders.
- If you have multiple sources of income: It doesn’t matter where the extra income is coming from—filing your taxes gets harder with each additional source of money. Contact one of our tax professionals to easily navigate those tricky waters.
- If you own rental properties: Owning a home and owning rental properties are two totally different animals. Owning rental properties can really add to your refund check if you’re working with a professional who knows how to find the right deductions.
- To save time: While it’s true that computer programs make the process of filing your own taxes a lot easier than it had been in the past, it’s still a time-consuming process. Save yourself a lot of time, stress and headaches by hiring a CPA to handle your taxes this year!
Don’t risk missing out on any deductions or running into problems with the IRS this tax season. Yoder & Co., CPA is your source for an accurate CPA in Sacramento, CA. Call us today to schedule an appointment with one of our tax pros.