If you are in the process of starting or have recently started your own small business, then you likely have a fairly good grasp of how to handle your day-to-day finances. But in today’s complex financial landscape, small businesses need to be prepared to handle a lot more than that.
If you are not sure you have a grasp on all the ins and outs of dealing with your small business’ money issues, then you ought to get in touch with a CPA in Sacramento, CA. Here are seven different ways meeting with a financial expert could potentially help your small business:
- Payroll: No matter what, it is crucial as a small business owner that you pay your employees the correct amount, and that you pay them on time. This can often be more complicated than it seems, especially when tax exemptions, tips or commissions are involved, so it is smart to let an expert help you through it, at least at first.
- Bookkeeping: Balanced, clear and trustworthy books are the backbone of any small business’ success, and can even help you to avoid trouble with the IRS (or worse). Give yourself a leg up starting out by hiring a CPA in Sacramento, CA to look over your books.
- Mergers and acquisitions: If you are lucky enough to get bought by a larger, successful company, or you merge with a worthy competitor, then you will need help from an unbiased, experienced financial expert to ensure everything goes smoothly.
- Taxes: As an individual, you might only have to worry about taxes once a year. But as a small business owner, taxes are going to become a part of your daily life in some shape or form. Having someone who has seen it all on board with you will certainly lighten your load, and help ensure that your taxes are accurate.
- Employee benefits: Do you know what your responsibilities are to your employees under the Affordable Care Act? What about when it comes to matching their 401(k) contributions? Let a CPA in Sacramento, CA handle these convoluted requirements and more, so that both you and your employees can benefit.
- Long term planning: Having a progressive sales goal for the next three months is great, but what about the next three years? A trusted, experienced and helpful financial advisor can help you figure out what your small business’ potential is, and how to fully reach it.
- Software support: These days, being on top of your small business’ finances means spending a lot of time on the computer. If you are not very technologically savvy, your CPA should be able to help you navigate the necessary software programs that will help keep your books balanced.
Whether your small business employs one person or 50, a CPA in Sacramento, CA can help you manage your taxes, payroll, benefits, long-term plans and so much more. If you would like to learn more about how a CPA can benefit your small business, please feel free to contact Yoder & Co., CPA anytime.