Back to top


Click here to go back

How Can a CPA in Sacramento, CA Help You If You Missed Something on Your Tax Return?

Posted by Admin Posted on Mar 23 2017

Have you done your taxes yourself? Did you notice an error after you filed? Don’t let the panic set in, as you can get help from a CPA in Sacramento, CA. They can help you file the correct forms to begin the process of amending your taxes, even if you initially filed them on your own.

Filing IRS form 1040X to fix an error

By working with a CPA in Sacramento, CA, you will be able to send the necessary paperwork to the IRS that includes form 1040X. This will help you make the necessary adjustments to your tax return and allow you to breathe a sigh of relief knowing your return is now correct.

When you notice an error in your taxes, it is important not to wait and see whether the IRS catches it. This can make matters worse and end up costing you more. While you have three years to file an amendment to your taxes, penalties and interest start accruing the day after the required filing date. A CPA in Sacramento, CA can assist you in finding the error and make sure your form 1040X gets to the IRS as soon as possible.

If you are due a return from the error, form 1040X will allow you to collect this through your amended filing. If you owe taxes based on the error, it is important to fix this right away to prevent additional interest and penalties from adding up. A CPA will be able to review your tax return and make sure it is accurate when you file your amendment, and help you understand what is owed or what will be refunded to you.

Enlist the help of a CPA

If you have completed your tax return yourself, you can still enlist a CPA to help with any errors that have occurred. A CPA in Sacramento, CA is experienced in handling all sorts of tax return problems and will be able to identify where yours went wrong and make the adjustments necessary to fix the errors.

You shouldn’t feel embarrassed or too proud to enlist the help of a CPA after you have attempted to do your own taxes. It is more important to get errors fixed properly and quickly so you don’t have any issues with the IRS moving forward. Plus, CPAs see all sorts of tax return issues, and yours will not come as a surprise to them or be something they can’t handle.

Working with a CPA in Sacramento, CA can help you solve a tax return problem with ease. Your tax return will be amended to fix the error and alleviate any further problems with the IRS that you might have. Have your tax return errors fixed by Yoder & Co., CPA. We are a full service accounting firm with a strong reputation for helping our clients with all of their tax needs. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and get your tax return underway—we look forward to assisting you!