Money is a dicey subject, so much so that trusting an outside person to manage it may be a hard thing for you to do. Whether you need assistance planning for the future or could use a hand preparing your taxes, working with a professional is a great option to avoid unnecessary financial issues. Make this the year you stop struggling through the numbers on your own! With that in mind, here are five strategies you can use to find the right CPA in Sacramento, CA for your specific financial needs:
- Interrogate the financially responsible: We all have that one friend or family member who’s super good with money. This person pays their bills on time and has no credit card debt, and their savings account is healthier than ever. Also, they seem happier and never stressed out during tax season. In your search for a certified public accountant, these are the types of people you want to seek recommendations from.
- Check out LinkedIn: Social media is a good starting point for research into individual and company accountants. Search LinkedIn for local CPAs on your connections and networking lists, as well as generally, and then click around on profiles. It’s important that the profiles you’re viewing are updated with current information so a potential client such as yourself can not only find a direct link to a CPA’s website, but can also view their work history or offered financial services right there on their page.
- Read online reviews: You can do so much more than simply find your friends and play games on Facebook. The popular social media site has grown to become an essential marketing tool by offering business pages to business owners. Facebook Pages now allows a section for clients and customers to leave reviews and ratings on their experiences. Also, there are many online sites created specifically for reviewing businesses, and some even open up forums to reviewer comments.
- Schedule a meet and greet: Once you’ve narrowed down your search—or you have a pretty solid recommendation—go down your list and schedule a time to meet with each potential CPA in Sacramento, CA. This is the time to ask questions about the services they offer, their rates and their accounting background.
- Ask for references: It’s not rude to ask a tax professional or company to supply you with a few references from clients who are willing to vouch for them and speak honestly. In fact, it is encouraged, because you don’t want to leave your financial life in the hands of just any average Joe. After all, hearing the experiences of others can leave you with a good idea of whether or not you want to work with a certain CPA.
The mere thought of having to handle taxes or look into financial planning can send even the calmest person into a tailspin. But you don’t have to go it alone. When the time is right and you’re ready to entrust your accounting needs to a professional, give us a call at Yoder & Co., CPA to begin working with a CPA in Sacramento, CA.